Kirrah Amosa (Class of 2011) is on standby for three leading roles in the hit musical, Hamilton

Posted 10 Mar, 2021

Earlier this month, the Canberra Times shared an article on Kirrah, who is on standby for three of the main roles in the musical. Kirrah will be there performing, standby for three of the musical's leading ladies. This means she has to learn roles for Eliza Hamilton, Angelica Schuyler and Peggy/Maria and be ready to go on stage at a moment's notice.

In November last year we shared the exciting news of Kirrah Amosa (Class of 2011) announced in the cast of the hit musical, Hamilton.

Earlier this month, the Canberra Times shared an article on Kirrah, who is on standby for three of the main roles in the musical. Kirrah will be there performing, standby for three of the musical’s leading ladies. This means she has to learn roles for Eliza Hamilton, Angelica Schuyler and Peggy/Maria and be ready to go on stage at a moment’s notice.

Photo Credit: Facebook, Kirrah Amosa

In one of the show’s opening songs, lead character Alexander Hamilton sings “It’s not a moment, it’s a movement.” It’s those words that Kirrah kept coming back to when describing the significance of being part of the production.

“It’s not just a show. It’s a movement in more cities than just Sydney. It’s a much bigger picture thing,” Kirrah said

Kirrah who is of Samoan heritage, the cast includes Indigenous, Maori, Filipino, Jamaican, South African, Nigerian, Egyptian, Japanese and Italian actors.

“It’s casting choices – that’s something that’s going to go down in history,” Kirrah said.

“We do come from such diverse backgrounds, culturally and experience. I love that there are so many fresh faces and because of that, there’s not a lot of ego in the room because everyone’s very understanding that we all worked hard to be there. And being in Hamilton is not an opportunity that was given out lightly.

“With so many faces of colour on stage, it makes me feel quite at home in front of a few thousand strangers. The whole movement is very grounding.”

Tickets are selling out fast, click here to secure your tickets.

Photo credit: Kerrie Brewer for Canberra Weekly. 

Related Collegians

Kirrah Amosa

CLASS OF 2011