From the College Principal – Michael Crawford’s passing

Posted 09 Jun, 2022

It is with great sadness that I write to inform the College community of the sudden death last Thursday of our esteemed colleague and friend, Mr Michael Crawford.

From Fiona Godfrey, Principal
Michael joined the SOSE department in 2017 and he taught senior Economics and Legal Studies, as well as International Commerce and Geography to our younger secondary students. Michael’s intellect, wit, and charisma, as well as his passion for his subjects, meant that he was held in high regard by staff and students alike.
Michael is survived by his wife Eve, and children Tom, Jack, Harry, and Ellie, with the latter three all attending Radford.
Michael’s funeral service details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday 14 June 2022
Time: 12 pm midday
Funeral Location: Norwood Park Crematorium, 65 Sandford St, Mitchell ACT
Live stream: Please email Barb Livesey barbara.livesey@gmail.com to request the link.
Please note, any current students attending the funeral are requested, as a sign of respect to Michael, to wear their full winter uniform. Students in Years 7-10 must be accompanied by at least one of their parents.
Immediately after the service, the family invites people to share their favourite stories from Michael’s life at his wake, which will be held at the home of Barb and Poc (aka Peter O’Connor).
Wake address: 15 Bonney Street Ainslie
Wake RSVP: For catering purposes, please confirm by email to barbara.livesey@gmail.com