Steph Roberts (nee Brewster, class 1999) – performing in The 39 Steps

Posted 12 Jun, 2017

The mysterious femme fatale in the forthcoming production of The 39 Steps. Opening night is 15 June.

Steph Roberts is not only a fabulous primary school teacher, she has also maintained her love of the Arts and performance.

Steph’s most recent performance was in Play On! at the Q. She has appeared in a number of plays at Canberra Rep over the years, most recently in Casanova, Under Milk Wood and Pride and Prejudice. Steph was fortunate enough to study Drama at ANU under Geoffrey Borney, Cate Clelland and Tony Turner. In her time there she appeared in many productions including Angels in America, The Bald Soprano and Much Ado About Nothing for Papermoon and The Real Inspector Hound, The Caucasian Chalk Circle and The House of Bernarda Alba for Moonlight.

Steph is terribly sad about the imminent destruction of the Arts Centre, the spiritual home of her 20s!

Steph has loved being under the direction of the inimitable Jarrad West for The 39 Steps and loved having the opportunity to work with and learn from such a delightful, hilarious and hard working cast and crew.

Steph is also the mother of a budding actor, he recently performed in his very first play! He was the troll in The Three Billy Goats Gruff. The kids made tickets to hand in and had tiny cups of popcorn to eat during the performance. The highlight? At the climax of the play, the moment he was pushed from the bridge by the Big Billy Goat, the troll leapt back on his feet and called out “Now can I have my popcorn?” “Classic Harry!”, according to Steph.

Book your tickets here.

Read Steph’s Collegian profile here.

Related Collegians

Stephanie Roberts

CLASS OF 1999