Chloe Hosking (Class of 2008) in Commonwealth Games team after victory at Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race

Posted 10 Feb, 2018

Chloe made the race a key early-season objective because the win would mean a 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games road race slot.

Chloe Hosking has been selected in the Commonwealth Games team after her victory at the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race. The Sydney Morning Herald reported that Chloe found it very satisfying  to stand on the winner’s podium in a race she had targeted.  SBS reported that Chloe is better known as a sprinter, and that she has worked on her climbing in an effort to be more of an all-rounder. Chloe had made the race a key early-season objective because the win would mean a 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games road race slot.

Chloe also  won the final stage of the Santos Women’s Tour Down Under in Adeliade in mid-January. The Advertiser reported that the team made a perfectly-timed move in the criterium for Chloe to pick up the win, even after somersaulting over her handlebars and crashing onto the bitumen. She told the Sydney Morning Herald that the adrenalin masks some of the pain because she could feel it in the race but not in the sprint, then when she stopped and thought about it she realised that it was really sore.

Chloe said “winning eases the pain and takes a bit of the pressure off, it’s always nice to get the first win of the season on the board and especially when my team has come all the way from Italy.”

We look forward to cheering Chloe on this year and wish her all the best at Commonwealth Games!

Chloe Hosking