The Collegians Association thanks Kate Potter (nee, Lones Class of 1995)

Posted 29 Oct, 2020

Since 2007, Kate has served the Collegians Association as President, Treasurer and Committee Member.
This year we farewell and thank an integral member of the Collegians Association.

As our final meeting for the year approaches, we say farewell and thank an integral member of the Association, but also to a member who has served years on the Radford College Board and Radford College Parents & Friends Association.

Kate was always very friendly and personable, she is someone who would put her hand up to be involved, especially when there was no one else volunteering.  Kate was very happy to listen to the ideas of others and supportive of the growing/evolving direction that the Collegians was moving in. She was always very involved in arranging the Devonshire Tea stall at the Radford College Twilight Fete, baking thousands of scones.

In 2014, it was Kate’s final year as Collegian President. Kate reflected on her time and shared that it was a role she greatly enjoyed, attending official Radford functions and events as well as organising Collegian functions, including reunions and Collegian involvement in many of the fetes. Kate also spoke of the personal friendships, guidance and support of current and former committee members, with special mention of Genevieve Quilty (Class of 1998) and Nicola Vincent (Class of 2006), Anna Schneider-Rumble (Class of 1991) and Jenny Street (Class of 1991).

Kate remained as a Committee member until this year and we thank her greatly for her extraordinary service.

We reflect on Kate’s incredible service and dedication to progress the importance of the Collegians within our community and we thank her for her leadership, passion and determination.

The timeline below captures the various events and initiatives  that Kate was instrumental in organising during her time with the Collegians:

2007: Kate accepted the roles of Collegians President and Treasurer.

• The Collegians major project for 2007/2008 was a gift to the Junior School. The Collegians were very keen that the gift would represent our ties to the school and would enhance the sense of community at Radford. We were delighted with the architect’s plans for a ‘circle of learning’ that Junior School students could use as a space for activities such as house meetings, dance and drama. As part of our gift we will also be providing a vegetable patch for the students.
  • The class of 1997 held their reunion.
  • Collegians presented three Year 12 Students with Community Service Grants to enable them to undertake voluntary work overseas in their Gap Year.

2008:

• On Foundation Day, it was the official opening of the Junior School where the Collegians presented gifts to Radford. The gift as highlighted in 2007 was a major project for the Collegians and it was very exciting to turn the vision into reality.
  • The classes of 1988 and 1998 held their reunions.

2009:  

• The Collegians welcomed Mr Phillip Heath, Principal to the College.
  • The classes of 1989 and 1999 held their reunions.
  • Collegians presented three Year 12 students with Community Service Grants to enable them to undertake community service work in 2010.

2010:

• The classes of 1991, 2001 and 2006 held their reunions.
  • At the beginning of the year, the Collegians provided a grant to the Radford Community Music Program.
  • The Collegians provided a grant program to teamSUPPORT. This initiative was under the direction of George Huitker. The initative provided students with the opportunity to become involved with a great range of community engagement programs.
  • The Collegians presented two Year 12 students with Community Service Grants to enable them to undertake community service work in 2011.
  • The Collegians hosted the Devonshire Tea stall at the Twilight Fete.

2011:

• Collegians Family BBQ was held.
  • The classes of 1991 and 2001 held their reunions.
  • Reinstated the Collegians match against the First XI Football team. The Collegians defeated First XI 3-2.
  • Collegians managed and ran the Devonshire Tea stall at the Radford Twilight Fete.
  • The Collegians provided a major grant for solar panels which have been installed in the secondary school area.
  • The Collegians provided a grant to assist the Director of Service Learning, George Huitker’s teamSUPPORT program to assist with their wonderful community service work.
  • Collegians presented three Year 12 students with Community Outreach Grants.

2012:

• The classes of 1992 and 2002 held their reunions.
  • Collegians soccer team took the field and played against Year 12 students. Collegians won 4-3.
  • The Collegians supported the Gunawirra Trip.
  • The Collegians presented three Year 12 student with Community Outreach Grants.

2013:

• The Collegians marked the schools 30th Birthday with the gift of a sculpture, titled ‘Blue Mantle’. It was presented at the opening of the new Senior School building. The sculpture aims to remind Senior students of their obligation to tend and nuture our earth, and to lift their expectations to take their part in shaping the future.
  • The classes of 1993 and 2003 held their reunions.
  • Collegians presented two Year 12 students with Community Outreach Grants.

Kate Potter