Radford College and Radford Collegians announce closer alliance

Posted 15 Dec, 2022
Principal Fiona Godfrey presenting at the Long Lunch.

Radford College and Radford Collegians Association are excited to announce plans for a closer alliance.

Following a successful 2022 – which saw reunions return to the College after a two-year absence and the well-attended inaugural Long Lunch event – a new partnership would see the College continue to support Collegian activities and events into the future.

Principal Fiona Godfrey said: “The College will continue working towards the Collegians’ three core pillars of focus: social and community awareness, business and career opportunities, and giving back. This support would extend to full financial resourcing of Collegian activities and events by the College.”

From a governance perspective, the best mechanism for the College’s on-going support will come through a merger of Radford Collegians Association into Radford College to enable the long-term funding of the Collegians program. This will see the Collegians Association entity wound up and a volunteer engagement committee made up of Collegian members established to give seamless guidance to the program.

“This move would simplify administration and utilise College resources to support an increased investment into Collegian activities.”

Representatives of Radford College and the Radford Collegians Association are preparing to voluntarily wind up the Association. Details of a meeting where this will be proposed will be circulated shortly.