A tribute to the iconic and unforgettable Pat Stewart (1942-2020) from Green Valley Farm

Posted 01 May, 2020

One of Pat’s many remarkable friendships was shared with George Huitker and the many Radford students that have spent many good weeks at Green Valley Farm, on school camps, on band tours and on personal visits.

As you may be aware, Pat Stewart passed on the 20th March. Pat started Green Valley Farm and throughout his life, he had such a vast impact on so many people.

George Huitker shared with me that Pat was well known among our Collegians and current students.

One of Pat’s many remarkable friendships was shared with George and the many students that have spent many good weeks at Green Valley Farm, on school camps, on band tours and on personal visits. Pat was very fond of George, and George, a fantastic musician, wrote this song in Pat’s honour.  Please click  here to view the tribute of Rev’d Up Quad by George Huitker.

The Green Valley Farm Family said that what they find so special about this song was the video footage and photos.  Pat was quite a private man. He was never in front of the camera and would often turn away from the camera if his own family were pointing it at him. But with George, Pat would have so much fun that he would forget about whatever camera was pointed his way.

Many who come, return on a first name basis. Countless people come to the Green Valley Farm gates and ask if Pat is around for a chat. Along with his wife, Pat Stewart is Green Valley Farm’s founder, it’s owner and it’s heart and soul. Everything here, came from his hands. He built Green Valley Farm from nothing and found great joy in seeing the smiles and memories that were built inside his home.

Just as it will be for Pat’s spirit, and his legacy, the show will go on at Green Valley Farm.

If you have any memories of your time at Green Valley Farm, please share it with us and we will pass it onto Pat’s family.

Photo credit: Green Valley Farm Facebook and George Huitker.