Todd Hepworth (Class of 1995) – passionate about promoting Australia

Posted 31 May, 2017

Currently the First Secretary and Consul at the Australian Embassy in Santiago, Todd always dreamed of living the diplomat life.

Passionate about promoting Australia and our interests abroad, Todd Hepworth’s life after Radford has seen him live and work as far afield as Nauru, Tonga, Serbia and now Chile!

“Given I wanted to work in the diplomatic field since I was a child, and my Year 10  career test suggested this as well, it’s been easy for me to work out what I wanted to do In life. When I started working at DFAT in 2000, it all fell into place!” he said.

While Todd is now living his dream, things haven’t always gone to plan. Along with struggling to settle on an area of study, he said:

“I discovered that the set calendar and timetables of a university were not the best way for me and preferred self-paced learning as I can motivate myself when I need to”

He has some sage advice for others considering their future.

“Try many things and fields of interest, they can all relate to your dream career or your dream path in life. As my mother always says, there are many paths to the top of the mountain, but the view is always the same. Find the path that you are happy with.

Todd Hepworth