Introducing our 2024 Collegian Captains

Posted 13 Mar, 2024

We are proud to introduce Ambrosie Brassil and Jeffrey Bush as our 2024 Collegian Captains

Collegian Captains are student leaders who hold the responsibility of representing their peers in Year 12 and beyond in various capacities. They play a vital role in fostering a sense of community, promoting school spirit, and supporting their fellow students.

Collegian Captains are chosen based on their leadership qualities, involvement in campus activities, and their ability to inspire and motivate others.

As Collegian Captains, Ambrosie and Jeff will serve as a bridge between the student body and the Radford Collegians.  They act as ambassadors, advocating for the needs and interests of their fellow students, and working towards enhancing their overall college experience.

Collegian Captains often organise and lead student-led initiatives, events, and activities that promote a sense of belonging and engagement within the college community.

Additionally, Collegian Captains may also serve as mentors, providing guidance and support to their peers. They help new students transition into college life, offering advice, answering questions, and creating a welcoming atmosphere for all.

Through their leadership, Collegian Captains inspire their fellow students to get involved, pursue personal and academic growth, and make the most of their college experience. They embody the values and spirit of their college, creating a positive and dynamic campus culture.

Overall, Ambrosie and Jeff will play an essential role in fostering a strong sense of community, promoting student engagement, and enhancing the overall college experience for their peers. Their dedication, leadership, and commitment make them invaluable assets to Radford College.

Let’s get to know them a little more:

Ambrosie:

• What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned? 

I think that the biggest lesson I have learnt is that the harder you work the luckier you get. I got the phrase from my dad, and I believe that hard work really pays off and I have always seen in my life that the more effort you put into something the more you get out of it.

• What was the best day of the past week for you – why? 

The best day of the past week was today (a Sunday) we went water skiing as a family on the river near my farm. We go water skiing a lot during summer and I love not only the sport but also the beautiful scenery and spending the day out with the family. It was especially exciting as my younger brother got up on a single ski for the first time.

• If you could spend one week with a person you admire, who would it be – why? 

I would spend a week with Spencer Barbosa. She is an influencer online and she promotes female support and body positivity, and she has made a big impact on me. She is hard working and I find her very inspirational because she reaches so many people and makes such a big influence at such a young age. I think she would also be a very fun person to spend time with. I would love to know more about how she got started and how she deals with self-love throughout her life in general.

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?

Finished my first degree (maybe doing post-grad med?) and getting started in a health career. My goal is to get into promoting women’s health and raising awareness and helping women across Australia with health. I would like that in five years’ time to have some kind of my own small business or product related to this and be getting into a place where I can achieve my goals and be still learning.

Jeff:

To play to your strengths and act in the interests of your passions.

Friday stands out to me as a contender for the best day of the past week. Started with a double free and followed by a particularly enjoyable double English, there wasn’t really room for much to go wrong.

Taylor Swift. I was lucky enough to attend a night of her Eras Tour in Sydney which was absolutely incredible. I’d love to see behind the scenes of the show, as well as meet her each of her three cats.

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time

On the other end of a degree starting a career. In terms of place, I’m not yet sure. Multiple might be necessary for my preferences of sand in summer and snow in winter. If only there was somewhere sandwiched in between.