Darcy Macdonald (Class of 2022) named in Hockey Australia “Burras’ 2024 U21 Squad

Posted 12 Jun, 2024

Radford Collegian Darcy Macdonald (Class of 2022) has been named in Hockey Australia ‘Burras’ 2024 U21 Squad.

From the squad, teams will be selected to complete at the Sultan of Johor Cup in Malaysia in October, then the Junior World Cup Qualifiers in New Zealand, with the ultimate goal of being named in the Australian final team for the 2025 Junior World Cup.

In his senior year at Radford College, Hockey Australia included Darcy in their ‘Futures squad’ which is the first time that players are nationally identified ahead of a list of international opportunities, including the Olympics.

“Radford is very proud of Darcy’s achievements. He has worked extremely hard to get to the level he is at, and it is wonderful to see that he is reaping the rewards. We thoroughly enjoy supporting and following our current students and collegians as they pursue their goals, and we look forward to seeing Darcy work towards the senior hockey representative ranks.” – Ms Megan Fritch, Radford College Director of Sport.

Darcy’s father, Mr Darryle Macdonald was a long-serving HPE teacher and former Director of Cricket at Radford and retired earlier this year.

Darryle was a top-grade cricket player and a hockey player in his own right. He represented the ACT in hockey at the national championships in 1989.

Photo credit: Click in Focus.