We love the simple things; making great wine and wood-fired pizzas.

What started out as one couple’s dream to grow and sell grapes has turned into an inter-generational family business. Four Winds Vineyard now grows grapes, makes wine and has a cellar door on site, so that you can come and sit amongst the vines and enjoy our wines with our delicious wood-fired pizzas.

We understand that great wines are made in the vineyard, so a lot of our energy goes into growing the best grapes. Each year we hand-prune each of our 29,000 vines to ensure each plant has the best start to the season. To allow air and light into the canopy we leaf pluck and shoot-thin through the growing season. Come harvest time we handpick the grapes so that they arrive at the winery in the best condition. We love making wine, and want to ensure we are making the best wines possible for you.

The ‘Four Winds’ Story
The property’s name ‘Four Winds’ has a long history which began with a miner and his wife living on the property in a slab-hut. Her name was Scheherazade, after the story teller in The Arabian Nights. One of the stories from The One Thousand and One Nights describes a magic carpet being borne by the four winds of good fortune. She named this small farm in Murrumbateman ‘Four Winds’ in the hope it would carry their good fortunes. We hope that the four winds carry your good fortunes!

We are located to the north of Canberra just east of Murrumbateman, on the corner of Murrumbateman Road and Patemans Lane. We planted our thirty-three acre vineyard in 1998 and 1999 with five varieties; Shiraz, Riesling, Cabernet, Merlot and Sangiovese.

You can come and visit us and see what we are all about. Alternatively; if a visit isn’t possible, sign up to our newsletter to get all the latest updates from the team. The newsletter will also tell you about our events; winemaker dinners, blending seminars, harvest festival etc.