We are cheering for you Megan Hales (Class of 2007)

Posted 18 Feb, 2020

Need to brighten up your day? Check out Megan Hales (Class of 2007) works that are bright, skillfully crafted with a whirl of light, colour and fanfare.

If you needed to brighten up your day, I encourage you to head on over to Megan Hales (class of 2007) website.

Megan’s installations are bright, skillfully crafted with a whirl of light, colour and fanfare. Megan’s success lies in her ability to put tongue-in-cheek and then poke tongue firmly out at a commercial, image based and status driven society.

Megan has been selected as a finalist by the National Portrait Gallery’s Darling Portrait Prize award. The winner will be announced on the 5th March.

Click here to access the link to book your tickets to view all of the wonderful portraits that will be on display at the National Portrait Gallery from the 6th March to 10th May 2020.

GOOD LUCK MEGAN! WE ARE CHEERING FOR YOU.

The Darling Portrait Prize aspires to be the most prestigious portrait painting prize in the country, held at the home of Australian Portraiture. The winner of the annual Darling Portrait Prize will receive a cash prize of $75,000.

The Prize will recognise the significance and relevance of portraiture in Australia and will be an ongoing legacy of Mr L Gordon Darling AC CMG (1921-2015).

Photo Credit: Megan Hales.