Life beyond Radford

Mentor If you’d like me to be your mentor please contact Collegians to arrange a meeting.
Last updated 2.09.2018

George Liao

Class of 2013
OCCUPATION Dental Student
Lives Brisbane, Australia
Attendance at radford Years 10-12
House Boronia
Connect
View more
View less

What does life look for you now?

In my final year of dental study at UQ. Next year will be a big change as I'll be transitioning into the 'real world' but I am excited.

Tell us what you are passionate about?

Current interests include fishing, fossicking, painting, metal detecting, and of course dentistry.

When you were young, what were you hoping to be when you grew up?

Originally I had dreamed of becoming an architect or engineer, however after work experience in the field I realised it wasn't what I envisaged it to be like. Dentistry is great because I am a very hands on learner and really enjoy the artistic side of dentistry.

What is your favourite Radford moment?

As the Boronia house captain, house carnivals were a highlight for me in year 12.

Do you have a particular role model or inspirational figure from Radford or now?

Having only been at Radford for a little over 2 years, my time was relatively short. I found Mr. Shaw a very fair and level headed senior school principal.

How easy was it to decide what to do in life?

After work experience it was relatively easy, for me, Dentistry was ideal because it combined my interest of art and science as well as allowed me to directly help people.

What advice do you have for current students?

Not to over think things, there are opportunities to switch courses later on if a particular course is not for you. Enjoy university life and the friendships you make along the way.